The Manufacturing Training Center (MTC) is an industry-driven program offering education, job training, and direct linkages to employment. The MTC provides comprehensive training and employment in the manufacturing sector.
Students in the MTC will learn desirable skills such as:
- Operation of manual, lathe and CNC machines
- Ability to read standard industry blue-prints
- Opportunity to gain NIMS certification
What we do
Benefits of participation in the MTC program include:
- Completing a 16 week machinist class, taught by a seasoned machinist with 18 years teaching experience and 43 years industrial experience, combining critical thinking skills, safety, and blue print reading as its primary themes. Subject areas are based on the recommendation of representatives from the manufacturing sector.
- Earning a National Institute of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certification
- Preference from many local companies who have committed to interviewing and hiring graduates. With increased employment partners, the center will have a regional economic impact.
- Job coaching services including an interest survey and career assessment
- Evaluations of participant math, reading, and writing skills to provide customized educational support as needed
Following the Tooling and Manufacturing Association (TMA) national guidelines, the MTC program emphasizes:
- blue print reading
- Use of Calipers and Micrometers
MTC emphasizes competency with the following machines and systems:
- milling machines
- lathe machines
- computer numerical control
Two Classes will be offered:
- Monday through Thursday mornings from 9 am to 12 pm
- Monday through Thursday afternoons from 1 pm to 4 pm
Potential students, employment partners, and teachers may e-mail Doug Welliver firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.